Friday, July 29, 2011

Summertime and the livin' is....


BUSY.

My quilting buddy, Pat, and I did GO demonstrations at Serendipity Quilt Shop. Kathy had a great re-opening and is planning a grand opening for late August.


We worked on prototype samples for the Block of the Month project we are doing for the shop. These blocks were made from scraps and are being tested out for the design. We are also going to be teaching a class there on August 8th. It will be a fall wallhanging which is made entirely on the GO.











My 9 year old granddaughter visited us for a week. Of course, we had to go to the quilt shop. She made a pumpkin project using fusible applique. She did blanket stitches around the applique and did all the quilting herself. I think her embroidery is better than mine! I did the binding for her. We were running out of time and I did it while she was sleeping the last night of her visit.


I finished the binding on one of the twin quilts I have been working on.


We went to NE PA to my husband's high school reunion for a weekend. We had a great time and had a chance to watch a rehearsal of Hairspray, the summer musical being put on by the community theater group there to which we used to belong.  At home we attended a dinner theater play, Barefoot in the Park, by Milford Delaware's Second Street Players.

Oh yes. My guest/sewing room has been torn up the last week but I am not complaining. Hubby is putting new flooring in the room. I was so tired of the berber carpet that was in there when we bought the house. Four years of dropping pins and then trying to find them in the carpet was just too much. I think the room will be so much easier to keep clean now.
Hopefully, the room will be put back together by the beginning of next week. By the way, he is building me cubbies to keep supplies that will go along one wall.

And last but not least, workmen finished our patio addition but it has been so hot outside we really haven't had a chance to use it much!

Hmmm...did I forget anything...probably.  YES. We also celebrated my birthday.



Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Happy birthday! Goodness you have had a busy summer! Your DGD is a cutie! Love her project. Have a good weekend!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Sewing with a granddaughter? Nothing better!!

Pat said...

Check this out for the Go! A great beginner project. I can't claim ownership of the original idea, but I posted my version, along with requirements. http://imalldeckedout.blogspot.com/2011/07/hurray-for-red-white-and-blue.html

Needled Mom said...

Happy belated birthday.

You have been busy. I love the finished quilt. The colors are so soft and pretty.

I know that memory making with your granddaughter was special for both of you.

Carpet in the sewing room is a nightmare. The floor will be much easier to clean now.

Michelle said...

The summer is crazy busy, isn't it? I'm sorry I've missed the demo's at Serendipity...maybe I can make the next one. Can't wait to see your new sewing room!