Wednesday, October 28, 2009

not doin much quilting....

but I've been very busy. Last week I worked four days...I usually only work 2 or 3...oh, my aching feet and legs....


Over the weekend my hubby was in a children's theater play and of course I go to the performances. The theater company has several of these dessert theaters for children a year. After the performance, the children get treats then get to meet the actors and get autographs...the kids really like it.


After the Sunday performance, we drove to my son's and then got up early Monday morning and took the train for a day trip into Washington, DC where we visited the Smithsonian. - Air and Space Museum and American History Museum. After we got home, hubby pointed out that the American History Museum has a quilt display...if we had only known when we were there...that will definitely be on our list for the next trip. We hadn't been to DC since our children were little...some things have definitely changed. Now that we are closer, we will certainly go again.
(On my way to my son's we did stop at JoAnne Fabric where I bought some fabric...couldn't go by without buying)
Back home Tuesday morning then work Tuesday evening.
This morning was my arthritis water therapy class at the Y.. I came home, sewed a little, then fell asleep across the bed.
I am looking forward to next week which will be devoted to quilting. Friends and I are going for a quilt retreat that we organized to Lancaster, PA. I've already started packing!!!

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Oh my, it sounds like it was a busy time for you. I can imagine how relieved you are to have life back to normal again.

I haven't been to DC in years and years and would love to go back and visit the museums again.

Pat said...

Can't wait for our trip to Amish country next week!!!

Nicola said...

Hi,I was reading your profile and it sounds so familiar. I find it really difficult not to want to try every craft and art that I discover. I have tons of fabric waiting for me to get to it. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

When I visit my brother in DC (the same brother who has a place in Rehobeth Beach) we visit the A&S Museum. My favorite display there is the 40's WW2 plane where the big band music played in the background; wonder if they still have it going. Haven't been there in quite a long time. On my next visit I'd like to see the Holocaust Museum. It was impossible to get into last trip, the lines & wait were just too long.