Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another kind of creativity...

This week I have been having fun helping my daughter-in-law redo her living room. We had to take down the old wallpaper and do a little patching of nail holes but the wall surprizingly was in pretty good shape. This was so much fun with my two year old grandson "helping" us! Our next step is to prime the walls and then paint. She has new furniture waiting to be put into the room.
I really enjoy the process of decorating rooms. We have been talking about accessories and how we are going to position the new furniture. The room is large but long and narrow with a fireplace on one wall. Each end of the room has a large window which leaves in a lot of natural light. We have to be careful about furniture placement because her father, who is in a wheelchair, lives with them. I think the plan we have will work...we've measured and visualized! The new furniture comes with slipcovers which will make the room child-friendly.

We are taking a break this weekend though because I am going to babysit my other grandchildren while their parents take a short anniversary trip. My children and grandchildren are joys in my life....

No comments: