Friday, March 21, 2008

Week with Little One

I just returned from Newark where I spent Monday through Friday babysitting for my 2 year old grandson while his mom and dad went to the Poconos for their anniversary. It was tiring but I enjoyed it tremendously! The best part was when he climbed into my lap and wanted me to read him books...Thomas the Train of course.

I returned to a bunch of emails about my upcoming book...from the editor and publisher...more details to take care of but it should be in print by the end of July!

I am spending this evening washing the yards of fabric that was delivered last Friday from my online order. I will definitely start a project tomorrow...I'm going into quilt withdrawl. I think it will be based upon a pattern from the book. Quilts from the Quiltmaker's Gift. The block is called Children's Delight. If you haven't seen the children's book The Quiltmaker's Gift, you should check it out. The story and illustrations are beautiful. I first saw the book when my friend, Rachael, who teaches children's literature showed it to me. I fell in love with it. She gave me a copy of the book as a present. I have quite a collection of children's books with quilts as themes and the book is one of my prized possessions.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I'm glad you had such a nice time playing fulltime Nana for a week.

I'd love to get The Quiltmaker's Gift. My dream is to have one of my granddaughters become enchanted with quilting, so maybe reading this to my nearly 4-year-old would help start her along that path? :) I wonder if I can find it locally or if I would have to order it online.....

Pat in Lakeside