Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Missouri Momma made my day

I was feeling sort of  down because my eyes aren't quite up to par yet. My eyes get rather tired when I use them for more than 15 or so minutes at a time so I have been very slow at working on any projects that I have planned.Quilting and reading are my favorite things to do.

 But then, hubby came back from the mailbox with not just one but two boxes from my Secret Santa. The contents showed that the person who had my name really took time to learn about me. Look what was inside....chocolate covered cherries (my favorite candy), Chantilly body lotion and spray (my favorite scent), a book about Christmas, sea glass and a little vase to use with the sea glass, candles, fresh linen scent spray, a Christmas towel.  The Christmas towel was right on target because we didn't have room to bring Christmas decorations with us.  Thank you Secret Santa, THANK YOU!

Another good thing happened this week. I went to the villa office and put up a notice that we are going to get crafters together (knitters, crocheters, sewers, and QUILTERS one day a week starting in January in the meeting room.The group that has been meeting are really not quilters but said that the other lady that I met last year who is a quilter and I could meet with them.  I put the notice on the bulletin board and before I could go out the door a lovely lady stopped me and told me she was so excited to hear about it....she is a  quilter from New York state and has been looking for other quilters in the community.  So now there are at least three of us.....Who knows there may be more as many of the residents don't arrive until after the holidays!!

Well, off to relax a little.....Happy Quilting

8 comments:

Neabear said...

Lovely things from your Secret Santa! Wasn't it fun to participate in the Secret Santa this year? This year was my first!

Merry Christmas!

~Linnea

Pat said...

Nice package!!! (Of course, I am envying your penguin towel!!!) I was very pleased with my package, too! I hope your eye gets better and better very soon. (How about some pictures of the screened patio? I need inspiration to carry me through our upcoming COLD January!!!)

Needled Mom said...

What wonderful goodies!!!

I am so glad that you had such a quick response. It should be a fun group.

LV said...

Your Santa found some great gifts. You must have been a good lady all year.

joyh82 said...

I hope your eye feels better soon. It was fun this year and it was my first year participating too. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Are you still in Florida? We are in Ocala right now, but heading to Melbourne on Monday. So much travel, so little time.

logy mahmoud said...

شركة تسليك مجارى بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالخبر

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بالدمام والخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
معلم دهانات ابواب خشب بالدمام

logistics service in india said...

3pl warehouse the largest logistics company in India and one of the 15 largest operations centers in the world
air cargo logistics