Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A little bird joins me in saying....


Greetings from sunny Florida. It has been in the 80s since we got here and I don't miss the cold one little bit! This bird was enjoying our neighborhood the other day by stopping at each front door in our cluster. She was even kind enough to let me take some pictures.


I know it has been ages since I posted on my blog....not since I returned from Lancaster. I have been busy though. Since my last posting I have completed many projects including:
      three raggy throws for my grandchildren
      four purses - three to give away and one to keep for myself
      seven cosmetic bags - for gifts
      two sets of placemats for gifts
      seven sets of coasters for gifts
      a set of mug rugs for a gift

We had a family "Thanks-mas" the first weekend in December. Both of my sons and their families came for a holiday celebration.  Since they both have jobs that require them to often work on holidays (and this year was no exception) it was the only time we had to get together.  A great time was had by all....and I even got some dies for my GO cutter that I wanted from my hubby.
     
I did have a set back that threw me for a loop. I had an eye problem (vitreous detachment) in one eye. Unfortunately, it was in my "good" eye and my vision has been slightly impaired. Right now I am trying to rest my eyes as my "poor" eye has been trying to take on more of the work and thus is getting tired more easily. Hopefully all will balance out. I have a wonderful doctor who went the extra mile and found me a doctor here in FL who will handle my case while we are here.

 I was so upset when this happened because I didn't want to spoil our trip. We had been looking forward to coming to FL for months. My hubby is going to have the opportunity to spend some time with his brother whom he hasn't seen in about five years. His sister also has a place near ours and it was planned to be a family reunion of a sorts.  I do miss quilting every day but I found that if I take it easy, I can do some work. I have some projects in mind. I even brought my little Janome sewing machine with me.

I do have some good news though.  Our Block of the Month quilt is hanging in Serendipity Quilt Shop. Check out the shop link to get a look at the quilt. We will also be having another great announcement in the near future featuring one of our other designs.....check out Pat's blog or mine to see a picture of the quilt.

Well, I am going to get off the computer as I need to take a little break...I will try to get more posts done in the near future.

Happy Quilting

12 comments:

Nancy said...

Well, welcome back to FL and the sunny days! Hope your eye improves quickly, and you can do some sewing. Sounds as if you got plenty done between Lancaster and your travels south. Merry Christmas.

Laurie said...

It's good to have you back! Love the picture, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. I hope your eye gets better soon!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Glad you're enjoying my beautiful state! I hope your eye improves quickly.

I popped over to your quilt shop web site. Your BOM is wonderful. Love the colors!

Happy Holidays!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Welcome to FL! A friend just told me of temps around the 30's in Louisiana, and trust me I'm happy with my own comfy snow free Gulf FL temps. Take care.

Pat said...

I'll look forward to our visit...seems so far off but I think the time will pass quickly once we hit the end of January!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I just saw your comments about your eye problems. I'm also struggling. Isn't it amazing the effect your vision difficulties have on your physical well being and your entire life? I, also, am looking forward to a resolution. I'm hoping to get in on a cancellation appointment to speed things up. I've been dealing with this for 6 months and just recently discovered it was based in my eyes.
Take it easy, the surgery will help!!! Thinking of you.

Karen said...

I see you are going to be enjoying the mild Florida winter. We have lived in Florida a long time. I miss snow at Christmas time.....but only at Christmas.

Kathy said...

Sounds like you have been very busy. Your quilts are beautiful and I love the colors. I would love for you to join me at www.sewcraftykathy.blog spot.com

Unknown said...

Do you understand there's a 12 word sentence you can speak to your man... that will trigger deep emotions of love and impulsive appeal for you deep inside his heart?

That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, treasure and care for you with all his heart...

12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Response

This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will make him work harder than before to build your relationship stronger.

As a matter of fact, fueling this influential impulse is so binding to having the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You will instantly notice him open his heart and soul to you in such a way he haven't experienced before and he'll distinguish you as the one and only woman in the universe who has ever truly fascinated him.

NIKE said...

upcoming competitive exams
SBI Clerk
SBI PO
IBPS Clerk good blogs

logistics service in india said...

top warehousing companies in india Om Logistics is a leading logistics company with more than 15% share in the courier products and services market in India.
3pl logistics companies in india

omgroupco said...

telecom logistics company Om Group is a powerful logistics company. It's one of the world's most reputable logistics companies. [2]  Their seafreight, airfreight, and overland businesses manage worldwide shipments of goods to buyers located all over the globe.
telecom logistics