Saturday, October 29, 2011

getting ready to go.....

Each fall, a few of my quilting friends and I spend time in Lancaster, PA on a little informal quilting retreat. We do some shopping, quilting, and just have fun.  We are leaving on Monday, Halloween, this year. My friend, Pat, does the organizing, makes the reservations, and collects our money. She deserves a big hug for all her work.

Before I go, I am trying to navigate this new format of posting and dealing with the "tricks" of the format. In my last two posts, I talked about uploading pictures.  Here is another one that I successfully added although not in my normal way. This is a scrappy quilt that I made entirely with my GO! cutter. And I machine quilted it all by myself. You can't see on the picture but quilted a heart design in the larger blocoks and then did some squiggly lines along the sashing. It turned out pretty good if I say so myself.

Yesterday we had a gloomy, rainy, windy day while many others on the east coast had snow....I hate the thought of that. Today, I am packing my things, making soup to take, and figuring out what projects I will take with me to the retreat....I have so many UFOs that I should work on but I think I will take these blocks to add sashing.  They were the prototype blocks for our Block of the Month. Surprise......I don't know how but this pic uploaded correctly!

Happy Halloween and Happy Quilting



9 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Enjoy your trip! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it from you and Pat. I hope the weather is good.

LOVE your quilt and the quilt blocks.

Nancy said...

Nice quilt... and blocks. Have fun on your quilt trip. I love the Lancaster area. So pretty there, good food, great fabric shopping... just all around good.

Barb said...

Have fun!!

Needled Mom said...

I am so glad that you missed that Nor'easter. Have a wonderful time.

scraphappy said...

Have a great trip! Hope you get lots done. Love the quilt, the quilting turned out great.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your quilts are so beautiful! You use nice bright cheery colors! Enjoy your fun trip! What fun to go with friends! ♥a

Winona said...

Have fun.

NIKE said...

IBPS PO mock test
Upcoming Bank Exams
Upcoming Government Exams
Upcoming Government Jobs
list of competitive exams for government jobs
government jobs 10th pass nice blogs

logistics service in india said...

air cargo services
warehousing companies in india making us one of the largest logistics providers in India.