Tuesday, August 30, 2011

ready for some calm...

OK  gone through an earthquake, hurricane, and tornado in our area.....Soon the tourists will be gone and the beach traffic will lessen....so hopefully we will have some calm now for a while.

We went to my son's in PA when the hurricane warnings were announced. Some of my friends, including PAT, had to evacuate because they are closer to the beach than we are. We weren't going to but my son called and insisted that we come to his house. He has a master's degree in emergency management and said we should be cautious...hey, it gave us a weekend to spend with the grandkids. We did watch the progress of Irene on TV. It was a little scary to learn that a tornado damaged some homes about 2 miles from us. We didn't have any damage but there were several properties in our development that had trees come down. My heart goes out to those who really had and are still having damage.


I didn't get much quilting done but I hate to post without a picture. Here is a glimpse of a log cabin quilt I made several years ago.
Be sure to watch Extreme Homemakeover with Ty Pennington on Thanksgiving. They are building a house in Sussex County where we live and they went through the earthquake and hurricane during the build. The family that is getting the house runs a soup kitchen in our area and is very deserving. There was a lot of community support and they actually had to turn volunteers away.

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Glad to hear your family and property made it through ok. It can be a very scary experience.

Michelle said...

I'm definitely ready for some calm too! Glad your house made it through the storm! I definitely want to see the Home Makeover show...they must have had quite the time with all the activity. :)

Pat said...

Will see you tomorrow morning and we'll catch up on things. I don't think I"ve seen that log cabin quilt, but it looks really nice.