Wednesday, November 3, 2010

day 2 in Amish Country

Another beautiful fall day spent shopping. I outdid yesterday in the fabric shopping ---- 15 yards today. We went to Zook's and The Old Country Store. I got some fabulous deals on great fabrics. Coming to Lancaster to buy fabric is certainly worth the trip. We hit a few other stores too where I bought little some little quilt hangers and such but the highlight was going to an actual working farm where I bought some homemade rootbeer and handmade soaps. We saw a sign at the side of the road advertising the rootbeer and decided to stop.  We were sure glad we did!
Each evening we have a Show and Tell where each of us shows our bargains of the day...can't wait to see what everyone bought....we oooh and ahhhh.....
Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy but luckily we planned it for a full day of sewing.
No pictures to post today but I will have some after I return to Delaware. Be sure to check Pat's blog where she is sharing about our trip too.

8 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like you are doing a good job on your retail therapy.

Linda said...

I am so jealous.. I have been to those stores. What did you buy at zooks? Must see pictures..
UGH!!Oh how I need to go shopping..

Kaye said...

good shopping. How is your foot doing?

Unknown said...

Only 15 yards?!?! Can't wait to see all the photos.

QuiltSue said...

It sounds like you're having a great time.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I would love to visit Amish Country one day!

Micki said...

Sounds like a great time, and I always loved visiting the Amish country.
Micki

Nancy said...

I love the Amish country near Lancaster. And the fabric shopping... well I checked her blog and you got some lovely fabrics. She even brought a GO cutter? Quilters don't travel light. Those fabric shops are the best.