Tuesday, August 31, 2010

almost to goal

#192
The goal I set in the last  post was to do four bindings....I have three done. Two are bias bindings. The lavender quilt has a wavy edge border so it definitely needed bias. The brown one has bias because I wanted the plaid (even though it's hard to see in the picture) to be on an angle in the binding. The green one was just straight binding. I have the binding cut for the fourth project but just didn't have time to get it sewed on over the weekend. Too many interuptions. I ended up rearranging my sewing area (again) trying to find just the right arrangement since it is in the guest room. I used a folding table and putting it on bed risers to make it the right heighth for cutting. Everything is in one corner of the room and the light from two windows comes in. That seems to be the best arrangement in the room...until I think of something better!
It is going to be a beautiful day today so I really need to get outside. This weekend we are supposed to get rain from EARL so I suppose it will be dreary and a good time to be inside. Happy quilting!


11 comments:

Barb said...

Most people think I'm crazy but hand sewing the binding on a quilt is my favorite part. Partially because I love the actual act of doing it and partially because it means I'M DONE!

Pat said...

Nice job on the bindings....I clicked on the photo and do see that the one has plaid binding that is on an angle...nice touch!!!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful! Great job!

Nanette Merrill said...

I love binding. It is the best time to admire our work and enjoy the last bit of creativity.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Kathy, Great bindings. I have many too that need to get done, you're motivating me. BTW, enjoyed meeting Pat and her husband yesterday. Hope things are going well for you. Steph

luv2quilt2 said...

Beautiful job! I actually love to do the binding since it's the very last step.

hetty said...

Nice work! I love doing the hand sewing of the binding. I find it relaxing and I know the quilt is done as soon as I am finished.

Annette said...

I enjoy binding. Maybe because it means I'm almost finished or just because its relaxing. I have yet to try a wavy edged quilt. I need to do that. Yours looks great.

Janet said...

3 finishes! I bet that feels good!

Quilting Nests said...

Hello from New Zealand - hope you are OK with the storm. We have been hit by an earthquake in the South Island - a lot of damage -fortunately no lives lost - but old buildings will have to be demolished. Keep up the good work - binding is a realo bind isn't if? Thanks for commenting on my quilt, it is all finished now.

Candace said...

The quilts are very nice and the bindings look great.
My sewing room is also the extra bedroom/guest room. It is hard to fit everything in, but I'm glad that I have even that, I used to sew in the dining room, or our bedroom. I sure wish that I could come up with a better plan for it though.