Tuesday, June 2, 2009

disgusted and then not

I really try to keep a good attitude so when something not so pleasant happens, I try to think of something good... My thoughts today.

I have some fabric and am ready to do a new quilt but when I tested it the colors bled so much. Fabric is in the dryer now. Hopefully it will do ok....and it was GOOD fabric too...what a disappointment. Thank goodness the pieces that bled weren't really big. I am doing a sampler quilt and the colors would have been so great. If it bleeds, I'm going to have to find some other fabric.

On a better note...had some fun with my grandson this weekend..He had such fun helping me with the bird feeders. He did a really good job of filling them and then was so excited when birds came to feed.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, don't you hate it when the "good stuff" doesn't preform like it should?! Be sure to let the shop owners know about the fabric, so they can warn others who may purchase it!

Gari in AL said...

Isn't it fun to watch the wonderment of a child?

Kaye said...

Kathy what a shame, I hope you remember where you got it and show them. How was the auction? I completely forgot about it. Need Pat around to remind me LOL

Pat said...

Love the photos of your grandson with the bird feeders. That is terrible about the fabric...especially since it wasn't junky, cheap fabric. *sigh*

XUE said...

Nice little bird house, great yard & lovely bigger house as well!