Friday, May 29, 2009

A Beachy Day


Yesterday morning my good friend PAT came over for tea and to pick up a swap block we are working on....it was great to do a lot of "quilt talk" and have some fun.


In the afternoon, hubby and I took a little ride to the beach at Cape Henlopen State Park. While we were there, had some fun watching the horseshoe crabs. A group of first graders were there, and being a former teacher, I just couldn't resist watching them learn about the horseshoe crabs and ocean life!







To learn more about the horseshoe crabs check out these websites
























4 comments:

Jean said...

How wonderful to live so close to a beach...it is calming to sit by the water. No ocean here, but we do have the Missouri River close by and a few lakes.

Pat said...

What a fun way to spend the afternoon. Did we also go buy our new refrigerator????

Kaye said...

it is a relaxing way to spend the afternoon, especially when its not crowded. I just might go out on Pontoon with hubby when he goes to fish. I can read (don't do as much since I started to Quilt) and relax and catch a few rays Use lots of sunscreen of course!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I LOVE going to the beach!! I do not believe that I have ever seen such a crab in California. How beautiful they are! Thank you for sharing.

hugs,
becky