Saturday, October 25, 2008

cough cough

It seems that every fall, I get a cold. Same this year. After a couple of days of lounging around, I have new energy and am ready to go...

Good news today. My cottage blocks arrived at their destination - now it is just waiting to get my swap blocks. I can't wait.

This week I have been working on one of my UFOs...a vintage block. In the stash that I found among the Grandma's attic, I found a Sun Bonnet Sue that was partially appliqued and basted onto a muslin oval. I finished Sue and appliqued the oval onto a background and am now creating some blocks to go around the background. All the fabric is from the vintage stash. It's still in the creating stage but I think it will turn out ok....I'll have to post a picture later.

I've also begun creating some items for our guild December auction while I'm waiting for my blue and white quilt to come back from the quilters. I guess this is just a time to finish up some things.

Off to work now. I was asked to fill in for someone tonight so that limits my quilting time....oh well...more money to buy books and FABRIC

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

I can't wait to see it! I happen to love vintage and Sunbonnet sue!