Monday, June 9, 2008

Rescued Orphan




I finally finished the Wizard Quilt and it is ready for the longarm quilter.





Then I decided I should get busy on one of my orphan blocks...for two reasons 1) in my guild UFO contract I said that I would finish two and I haven't done any yet and 2) in a couple of weeks I am going to be a garden quilter in the Lewes garden show and I need something small to work on. This was a sample square I did several years ago before I did a big quilt. Here it is before


I decided to add some borders...glad I saved scraps! I will hand quilt it and make it into a wall hanging. Maybe get fancy and do some embellishments.

We are in the middle of a heat advisory...high 90s today so I think I shall just stay in and quilt. I do need to run to pick up a quilt from the long arm quilter when she calls today but other than that the AC and I will be good friends. I did my daily walk this a.m. at 7:30 and by the time I got back I was very sweaty!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Can't wait to see the Wizard quilt!!!

It's going to be 100 here today, not looking forward to that!! We'll all be hanging out at the pool!!

Stay cool!

~Niki~ said...

Thanks for joining my just us quilters blog! Can you please link me to here: http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
If you need the HTML code I have it in one of my posts on the blog. HUGS!

Val said...

This is my first visit with you. I just love your blog. I found you through Just us quilters. I look forward to many more visits.