Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'll have to admit...

I have been neglecting blogland lately!  During the last few weeks, I have been busy...taking a quilt class, going to guild meetings having fun with my bee friends, making samples for classes I am going to teach, and working on my garden. At our last bee meeting, we spent most of the morning going through 10 tubs of fabric and other assorted craft supplies we were given. We decided to donate some to our guilds and other crafters because we knew we could not use it all. Here we are at the sorting table.

Needleturn aplique is my favorite technique. I just finished this little bluebird that I made in the class I took. It was set up as a beginner class but I figure that I can learn hints from any class I take.


My old bones sure felt the gardening and were mighty sore! The end of April and beginning of May were just wonderful here and so right for planting. Last fall, I was having trouble walking so I didn't get my flower beds cleaned. That meant double work this spring. But it is worth the trouble when the flowers are all in bloom. My "vegetable"  garden consists of a tomato plant and cucumbers in a pot on my deck alongside a pot of herbs and a few perennial herbs mixed in with the flowers.

Well, back to my quilt works....I go the quilt I made for my brother's retirement back from the long arm quilter and have to do the binding.

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow to all you mothers and grandmothers!

.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

You all look happy and elbow-deep in the crafting supplies. The bluebird is lovely... looks great as you have it hanging up.

Barb said...

You have been one busy lady.....

Pat said...

The bluebird block looks cute on the holder. I'm excited about the classes we will be doing......people will have fun, I think.

Unknown said...

I'm afraid to take any kind of class other than from Helen as I am sure they will point out that the creative juices that flow need some guidance.
I love the size of that bird!