This week I have been busy working on the sashing of my scrappy quilt. I was having a lot of problems with my seams matching...and I obsess about this. Finally today, I figured out what the problem was. I used one of those ruler/cutters that has slots in it to cut strips. But unfortunately, my cuts were still not accurate. Some of them were the 2 1/2 inches that they were supposed to be; others were actually about 1/8 inch bigger. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps when cutting, my rotary cutter leaned in the slot or the slot spread while I was cutting. Now that I figured out what was wrong, I am able to make adjustments in the quilt. Some seams still are not the greatest but at least the quilt is beginning to look better. Oh, I can't wait for Santa to bring me that GO strip cutter.
(Oh, please disregard the spray bottle and stained ironing board in the following picture. Just look at the bag!)
Three more days of PT this week. It does seem to be helping some. The people at PT are so fun to be with, I almost think I will miss them when this is over...but that will be a while yet.