Saturday, September 11, 2010

in the dark

#199


I just did an inventory of my stash...here is a picture of one of the shelves. I noticed that I seem to have an awful lot of dark fabrics,,,and more than enough browns!  I have an abundance of florals. During the next couple of weeks,  I am going to a quilt show near Philadelphia and on a guild shop hop...so now I know what to look for. I definitely need some light prints, yellows, and greens.

In my next post, I will be announcing the winner of my 200th post giveaway. Those of you who have been following and commenting should be thinking about your stash. The winner will tell me what color and /or theme of fabric he/she needs and wants and I will buy some at the show.

Well, back to work using up more of my stash to make more room on the shelves!

12 comments:

Deb said...

How exciting, nothing nicer than looking through the stash and then just finding things that you haven't got that of course must be purchased.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

How fun! I love greens and blues but never seem to have the right one when I am looking for one! I love browns too so I can understand that abundance. ;-)

Julia said...

I'm the same...too many browns.
I'm on a mission to buy more colourful brighter fabrics..
Julia ♥

Pat said...

Funny thing...I have lots of greens and you don't...but, between us, we seem to have the right fabric for our projects!!! LOL I'm going to take a good stock of my stash and replenish it when we go to Lancaster on our retreat in November!

Winona said...

I never seem to have many lights either. I always go for the darks when I buy fabric. LOL I also noticed I don't have lots of blue. I always have fun going through my stash and finding things I have forgotten about. LOL Have a good day. Winona

Annette said...

Your fabrics are very pretty. I have a lot of darks too and need more light fabrics. I should remember that when I'm shopping...There are just so many pretty patterns out there.

QuiltSue said...

What a great stash you have there. If we put it together with mine, which is almost all mediums/lights or neutrals we should be ready for anything!

Michele T said...

Well, this is different! I love jewel colours but just don't seem to have enough... what's with that??LOL

Unknown said...

i'm so jealous of the big show y'all are going to....have fun and buy enough for everyone. haha

Unknown said...

I can't remember if I've entered your 200th post giveaway....silly me

SheilaC said...

Have fun at the show!!!

I tend to buy the same colors all the time too.... I guess we know what we like :)

SheilaC

Candace said...

I see some pretty quilts in there. Knowing where you have gaps will just add to the fun of shopping and quilting. I hope you have a great time at the quilt show, and shop hopping. And, thank you for visiting my blog and commenting.