Tuesday, April 13, 2010

remember me?

I know, I haven't blogged for a while. Over the last week or so, I spent most of my time outside gardening. Last spring we put in a patio and the flowers around it are really starting to grow. I weeded, mulched, edged, and planted more flowers. My old aching body didn't want to do much more than rest when I came inside.

On the quilting side - I have mostly been a hand quilter except for a little stitch in the ditch quilting. I am learning how to do more machine quilting. I really like the sew slide sheet that I bought a while ago - the fabric does seem to glide much better using it. I tried the hoops that are used to help guide your quilting but didn't have much success with them. One question I do have is - Why do your practice pieces look so much better than the real deal? I thought I was getting to be an expert when doing the practice pieces but then I didn't like the results on a small wall hanging that I tried.

I'm still working on applique. I can really get into the hand work. I have found a thread that I really like. It is YLI #100 silk. It is so smooth and the stitches really look great.

Sorry no pictures but I just haven't taken the time to take any lately!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I think the reason practice pieces look better than the real deal is the same reason that, quite often, a play or concert practice will be more perfect than the actual performance.....very frustrating, but seems to happen a lot!