Monday, April 20, 2009

spring activities








We have had a couple of lovely days to work outside. Saturday was the best. We are spending a good bit of time working in our backyard where we just added a patio. I love the outdoors so this is our summer project. We still have a long way to go.


We still need to get more plants in and add shrubbery, more plants, stepping stones, and a spot for my bird feeders and bird bath. I ordered a rain barrel to conserve water. It should arrive sometime this week or early next week. We also have to add the skirting under the sunroom and deck. Will be a busy time but hopefully it will be done this summer. But a garden is really never done. I so enjoy digging in the dirt!!




As for quilting, I finally started quilting my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I am using a floor model PVC quilting frame. It works just like the small lap one that I have. This is the first time I tried one of these floor frames. My other quilting frame is a large wooden Grace frame that fits a queen sized quilt. It takes up a lot of room. Before we moved, I had the perfect place to set it up but in this house, I really don't unless I do a lot of furniture rearranging. We'll see how it goes. I am also working on a small wall quilt for my Attic Treasures series. All of the quilts in this series are made from vintage fabric I found in our family home attic several years ago.


9 comments:

Linda B said...

I, too, love working in the garden, digging in the dirt. " One is closer to God in a garden, than anywhere else on earth".

Pat said...

Your yard AND your grandmother's flower garden quilt are both looking terrific!

Deb said...

Gosh what a large back yard you seem to have, almost big enough for a cricket pitch!! So nice to achieve things isn't it. Your Grandmothers Garden quilt looks great, well done.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I've seen that frame before. Good to know it works. Not that I hand quilt. But you never know. This is a beautiful quilt.

connie said...

Hi,

Weather is confusing here in So. CA. A couple of days ago it was 55, today 99!

My Give Away, if I haven't told you already:

To be given away on June 1st - Three Moda Jelly Rolls - Nature's Chorus, Baskets of Flowers, Spring Magic. To enter simply post your quilt picture on the Show and Tell page: http://www.quiltqua.com/showandtell/upload/
Make sure you note YOUR NAME along with the title of the quilt - each posting is one entry into the Give-away
There will be three winners - names drawn at random from the Show and Tell postings on May 31st and posted on this page June 1st. If you have previously posted a photo, simply drop me an e-mail quiltqua@gmail.com and let me know you wish to be entered.

***I plan to start a new category at Quilt Qua - for Give Aways, so do let me know if you are having one, or if you know of one.

***Here is a great write-up about Quilt Qua in SuzNuz: http://www.suzguzdesigns.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/sgdapr09nuz.pdf
***Also, let me know if you wish to link to me to move to the first list of blogs on the website.
I hope you are having lovely Spring weather where you live!


--
Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867

clare's craftroom said...

The quilt is lovely and I hope you have some lovely weather to enjoy your yard .

Annette said...

Your quilt is very pretty. How exciting to be at the quilting stage.

limpingalong said...

I likeyour quilt -- what size hexagon are you using?

disa said...

債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社