Monday, April 20, 2009

spring activities








We have had a couple of lovely days to work outside. Saturday was the best. We are spending a good bit of time working in our backyard where we just added a patio. I love the outdoors so this is our summer project. We still have a long way to go.


We still need to get more plants in and add shrubbery, more plants, stepping stones, and a spot for my bird feeders and bird bath. I ordered a rain barrel to conserve water. It should arrive sometime this week or early next week. We also have to add the skirting under the sunroom and deck. Will be a busy time but hopefully it will be done this summer. But a garden is really never done. I so enjoy digging in the dirt!!




As for quilting, I finally started quilting my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I am using a floor model PVC quilting frame. It works just like the small lap one that I have. This is the first time I tried one of these floor frames. My other quilting frame is a large wooden Grace frame that fits a queen sized quilt. It takes up a lot of room. Before we moved, I had the perfect place to set it up but in this house, I really don't unless I do a lot of furniture rearranging. We'll see how it goes. I am also working on a small wall quilt for my Attic Treasures series. All of the quilts in this series are made from vintage fabric I found in our family home attic several years ago.


7 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I, too, love working in the garden, digging in the dirt. " One is closer to God in a garden, than anywhere else on earth".

Pat said...

Your yard AND your grandmother's flower garden quilt are both looking terrific!

Deb said...

Gosh what a large back yard you seem to have, almost big enough for a cricket pitch!! So nice to achieve things isn't it. Your Grandmothers Garden quilt looks great, well done.

Nanette Merrill said...

I've seen that frame before. Good to know it works. Not that I hand quilt. But you never know. This is a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

The quilt is lovely and I hope you have some lovely weather to enjoy your yard .

Annette said...

Your quilt is very pretty. How exciting to be at the quilting stage.

limpingalong said...

I likeyour quilt -- what size hexagon are you using?