Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thinking of spring





Can spring be just around the corner? I hope so. Yesterday two flower catalogs came in the mail...set me to dreaming.


Then today the temperature was in the mid 60s which added to my spring fever. So we spent a good deal of time out of doors, walking, checking out the new trees we planted last year, and enjoying the sunshine. We turned off the heat and opened the windows! Needless to say, I didn't get much quilting done. But I am working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden so I am in the spring mood. I prewashed some of the fabric I bought recently and got it ready to store. Unfortunately, one piece of dark red seemed to bleed so I soaked it in vinegar water...maybe that will help. It's in the dryer now...we'll see.

7 comments:

Lurline said...

Yes,I guess you have had such a cold winter over there, everyone will be looking forward to spring! Glad you found out your red fabric bled - I don't pre-wash fabrics - if I have any doubts at all, I just put a little piece in a white lined cup and pour boiling water over it - usualy it is okay!
Hugs - Lurline↨

Pat said...

We went to Rehoboth today and walked on the boardwalk. It was lovely. Of course, many others had the same idea, so it was a bit crowded. Everyone was smiling and pleasant, though. I think every breed of dog known to man was there today, too. It was really a fun afternoon. It's times like this it's really nice to live near the beach. If we get some other nice days soon, we'll take the bikes to Cape Henlopen State Park and ride the trail there. C'mon, spring!!!

Gone said...

I can hardly wait for spring...but I'd better get busy finishing my re-decorating. It seems other things take my time away from that!!!

I hope you visit again, cuz later today, begins another blog make-over and Saturday, starts another TeaCup Give-Away!!

;-) Jan

em's scrapbag said...

Spring flowers what happy thoughts. It's snowing here.

Pat said...

NEWS FLASH....today in Lewes I was getting out of my car in front of St. Peter's to go to handbell practice and.....a robin was right there looking at me. YAY...spring is on the way SOON!!!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I am so remiss in thanking you for the lovely tea pot fabric and quilt pattern!!! I can't find your e-mail address to send you a personal thank you, so here it is. I'm just thrilled. it's my first win.

Anonymous said...

Salt water soaking then washing by hand helps fix dyes. You can also buy fixative too.

Yes I have flowers in the garden- mini irises are in bloom and crocuses too. It feels like Spring isn't far off. It's been a long Winter of illness here, so I'm now catching up.