Thursday, September 25, 2008

Deviated diversion

I am away from home for a few days. My younger son had surgery this morning for a deviated septum. He has been having chronic sinus infections that just don't seem to go away. That combined with his allergies made him miserable. Hopefully, the surgery will allow him to breathe comfortably. The doctor said that the septum was really bent! We figure it might be from when his nose was hurt while he was boxing at the police academy several years ago. The doctor said that his sinuses just didn't drain, thus the constant infection.

The surgery went well. He had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and the surgery was scheduled for 7:30. Luckily the hospital isn't far away so my daughter-in-law took him over to the hospital and got him all settled in and then ran back home to pick up me and their 2 1/2 year old son. This was one of his preschool days so we dropped him off there by 7:20 and then ran back over to the hospital. The surgery lasted about 2 hours and went well. We shouldn't have laughed but when we were able to see him in the recovery room, he had his nose packed with straws sticking out so he could breathe. He was rather out of it so I didn't stay long. Tonight I'm babysitting so my daughter-in-law can go back to the hospital. He should be home tomorrow but will need to be off work for about 2 weeks. I'll go home on Sunday.

Nevertheless, quilting isn't far from my mind. I finished my winter blue and white wall hanging before I came here yesterday and will be taking it to the quilter on Tuesday. And I have been dreaming about the little cottages I will be making for the Christmas Cottage Swap. When I get home, I'll post a picture of my Christmas fabric stash...I'm trying to decide which of the fabrics I will use. I will probably make cottages using a variety of fabric but I'm not quite sure yet. I can't wait to see the variety of cottages that the team makes. The quilt should turn out to be a nice size by the time we use 12 of the blocks!

I have enjoyed visiting the blogs of my team members...it looks like we will be a fun bunch!

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

I wish your son a speedy recovery.