Monday, August 4, 2008


I always shied away from doing set in triangles because I hated doing the figuring about measurements. I know it should have been easy since I used to teach math, but I just didn't like taking the time to do it...a little of my ADD sneaking in. Anyway, in June our guild had an auction "Treasures" where members could donate unused or unwanted sewing related items and others could bid on them. The proceeds went to the guild for expenses. I bought some templates for set-in triangles. I used them for the first time this last week and I absolutely love them. It made cutting the triangles a "no brainer."

I am making a fall wallhanging and wanted to share my triangle success. The wallhanging is done except for the borders which I hope to finish today or tomorrow as I am getting company on Wednesday for a week and probably won't get to do much quilting.

Well, off to the guild meeting! I'm on the set up crew for today.


Purple and Paisley said...

your triangles look perfect! nice job! =)

Susan said...

Great job on the triangles!

Our guild does something similar to that each year too. It's amazing the treasures that other quilters are willing to part with!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Hey you did great!

belinda said...

You go girl!!..."Triangles R Us"!!