Thursday, January 31, 2008

A week with second graders

I have been subbing in a second grade class all week and I'm going back tomorrow. The regular teacher broke her wrist and got a fractured skull when she fell while ice skating last Sunday...what a way for her to end a weekend. Anyway, I've been filling in all week. The kids are great. They are writing books and tomorrow will be their publishing day...they get to go to other classrooms and read their books out loud. Some of the stories and illustrations are amazing!

Speaking of books....mine goes to the publisher today. Hopefully, there won't be a need for any more corrections...Proofreading is such a pain. I always manage to miss simple things.

Needless to say, I haven't worked on any quilt this week. Monday is the quilt guild meeting. If the teacher I'm subbing for is ready to come back to school, I'll go to my meeting. Maybe I can get motivated.

No comments: